Keep Your Roof Intact With Regular Inspections
Experienced Commercial Roofing Services
When it comes to the quality of your roof or even the overall life, regular inspections will be a life saver to your roof. Your hard-earned personal and business belongings require the continued maintenance of your building’s roof. So, don’t forget that some form of prevention no matter how small will save you quite the expensive and tragic failure within the future.
In order to get the process done, you’ll need to get the expert advice of a professional within the roofing industry to address any and all of your concerns. Additionally, the contractor will aid as you seek to determine how much of a life your roof still has as well as a maintenance plan to move forward.
So, when it comes to hiring a professional, you’ll need to keep the following in mind:
- Be sure to seek well known professionals who take pride in their work.
- Having more than one estimate is never a bad thing.
- You may also want to acquire references from other buildings in your area that were worked on by the contractor that you are interested in. Don’t be too shy in asking to see proof of their insurance certificate and inquire if they have worker’s insurance.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau for open complaints lodged against your potential contractor.
- Examine and make sure that the provided estimate is specific to the job at hand as well as for disposal of unwanted or old material after completion. If you’re having a new roof put in, do some additional checks to ensure that the decking doesn’t have any damaged material.
- Be sure to ask for a written warranty for all the work that was done as well as for future repair and inspection. And be sure to keep all information secured should you need it again.
In addition to all the we’ve mentioned, here are some more tips that you should keep in mind:
- Any conducted inspection should be followed with a repair plan on any issues which were found.
- After any storm, be sure to have your roof inspected for damages since heavy winds compromise the integrity of your roof. Keep in mind that even though your roof seems to have survived, there can still be minor issues which can cause failure in another event.
Have your contractor recheck areas that were previously repaired to ensure that they are still intact.
- Ensure that leaves and others objects on top of your roof is removed since they can cause a build up of moisture. Moisture goes on to cause deterioration. And if you live in a dry area, dry material can start fires.
- Keep tree branches at least six feet away from your roof to prevent damage and scraping. Don’t forget to check your gutters and clear them out.
- If you live in an area with heavy winds, be sure that your gutter as well as your downspout is properly secured to prevent uplifting and damage to your property as well as others around. When your contractor is conducting any inspections, be sure to mentions any vents in and around. Be sure that they are properly sealed and you can use flashing cement in the case of any visible openings. However, you may need to replace any form of flashing once it has been damaged or deteriorated if your vents can move back in place.
- If you often face storms with big hail stones, be sure to give your insurance company a call to have your roofing structure properly inspected even in the case of no visible damage.
Dependable and Trustworthy Commercial Roof Repair Contractors
If you have any doubts or concerns after you’ve personally inspected your roof, call in a professional. An expert will aid as you both determine the life left in your roof as well as a proper conservative plan to maintain your roofing structure as you move forward.
When it comes to your roof, regular maintenance and inspection servers as a good way to mitigate any major issues that can and may arise as your battle extreme conditions with the weather in your area. Continued maintenance will also go a long way in adding some years to your roof’s life and of course facilitate repairs instead of a complete replacement. This in turn saves you money and time.
And if you’re concerned with the number of inspections, it all depends on the current state as well as the weather, the age of your roof, even the amount of times people walk on top of your roof and the previous maintenance that was carried out. Just to be safe, you should schedule an inspection at least twice each year, particularly during fall and spring.
Armadillo Roofing & Exteriors (512) 333-7663, provides commercial roof repair, commercial roof maintenance and commercial roof inspection services you can trust to Austin, Texas and the surrounding communities and has been providing commercial roofing services to the area for over 15 years. when you need an experienced commercial roofer to complete a comprehensive inspection on your commercial roofing system, give us a call.